April 11, 2011By Jessica Forbes MS, CCN
In last week’s blog, we announced that Marilyn Farms now carries CoQ10 in two different dosages. This week, I thought it would be important to discuss how the benefits of each dosage. Please note that this is not an indication for these specific products, but for CoQ10 in general as a compound.
The benefits of 30 mg of CoQ10 daily:
- Recommended by some scientists as a supplement for anyone over 40 years old, since CoQ10 production in the body declines as we age.
- Especially recommended for people on low-dose statin therapy, or those on blood pressure medications such as Atenolol.
The benefits of 100 mg of CoQ10 daily:
- Recommended for those with neurological issues, eye issues, or premature wrinkling of skin.
- Especially recommended for people on high-dose statin therapy.
- May be beneficial for those with heart disease.
- Suggested for anyone with a history of cancer.
There is currently no contraindication for CoQ10 and it has been shown to be beneficial in doses all the way up to 1200 mg per day for people with severe neurological issues such as Parkinson’s disease.
NOTE: As with any nutritional supplement, please consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner prior to making it a part of your routine—especially if you are taking prescription medications. This blog is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare practitioner.